Wednesday, May 29, 2013

targets

The Wall Street Journal headline wonders, "Did the tax agency [the IRS] also target groups that support Israel?"  In one case:

Asked about the slow pace of approval, the IRS auditor on the case, Diane Gentry, said the application was taking so long because auditors were supposed to give special scrutiny to groups "connected with Israel." Ms. Marcus says Ms. Gentry further explained that many applications related to Israel had to be sent to "a special unit in D.C. to determine whether the organization's activities contradict the Administration's public policies."
Sadly, this will only be seen as a positive by the vast majority of our brothers and sisters who will continue to vote Democat and thank Washington for reining in the "extremists" among us.  I could write about this stuff day in and day out, but it's a bracha l'vatala. 

4 comments:

  1. Two comments engendered by my carrying yekke genes. Not enough to make me oys Litvak, but enough: it's "reining" in, as one does to a horse; and the problem is not bracha levatala, it's a bracha in a makom metunaf - there might even be an issur of ba'al teshaktzu.

    Note that the Succot haftorah predicts that Jews will join the goyim besieging Yerushalayim.

    But at least it's lishma. Le'shem abortion, SSM, ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, this reminds me of something Ashleigh Brilliant said. “I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And once again I am reminded of something Lily Tomlin quoted: "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."

      Delete
  3. I fixed the grammatical error. I can't keep up with either one of you.

    ReplyDelete