Monday, March 19, 2007

bar mitzvah thanks

My son made it through his leining and siyum, and we owe a great debt of gratitude to a lot of people: neighbors and friends who helped with preparations and finding places for our guests over Shabbos; my brothers-in-law R’ BenTzion Unger and R’ Yosef Bechhofer and who always make me feel special and shared some beautiful divrei Torah with us; my BIL Ben Tzion who managed to find a musician for the melaveh malkah at 3:00 on Friday when we found out the one who was supposed to come was snowed in; my parents; my in-laws (thank you to Edna for working on the music problem despite being in aveilus and not even being able to listen); my mother-is-law, whose follow up phone call yesterday was very very much appreciated; Rav Friedman for hosting the whole event in the yeshiva, and so many other people who just made us feel good by coming over to say mazel tov, offering to help if we needed anything, and whose sincerity and warmth made the bar mitzvah boy and his parents enjoy the day.
I'm not sure how many of them read my blog, but to those who do, thank you.

2 comments:

  1. If I may quote myself, there are people whose view is "ask not what the simcha can do for you; ask what you can do for the simcha." We also appreciate that Eliezer's friends walked in despite the weather and made the melave malka really lebadig with their dancing and acrobatics. We also thank them for refraining from food fights and any other unruly behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:44 PM

    WERE YOUR PARENTS AT THE BAR-MITZVAH?

    ReplyDelete